FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD

This week I read FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD by Thomas Hardy.
The farm hostess Bathsheba Everdene was young, beautiful, self-reliant and did not think she needed marriage.  However, she can not resist the power of love and marries a man.  This story set in 19th century South England.

Everdene is solicited by three men to overcome various difficulties and learn true love.
I want to introduce some quotes from this book.

First one is “They spoke very little of their mutual feeling; pretty phrases and warm expressions being probably unnecessary between such tried friends.“
I also sympathized with this sentence.  Only true friends can understand each other.

Second one is “ Love is a possible strength in an actual weakness “
I can’t understand this meaning. Does love mean strength in weakness? Or is love the energy that makes you really strong when you are weak?

This story has many sad points, but I think it will enrich your life, so I would like to recommend it to you.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

London by JOHN ESCOTT

The Tickets

ONE-WAY TICKET SHORT STORIES by Jennifer Bassett