London by JOHN ESCOTT

 This week I read London by John Escott.

It describes the history of London, the famous building, and the royal family.  As I read on, I wanted to go to London.

Here are some things that interest me. The first is the Great Fire of London. A pandemic in London in 1665 killed more than 100,000 people. The following year, in 1666, the Great Fire of London broke out. At that time, most of the houses were made of wood, so the city was burned down. The fire did not go out for four days. Most of the old buildings were destroyed. I didn't know this big incident. London, which is now one of the most famous cities in the world, suffered such damage about 350 years ago. I think it was difficult to build the current magnificent buildings and cityscape from there.

 Next is the national portrait gallery. It's located in St Martin, where you can see pictures of famous people. There are pictures of world-famous figures such as kings, queens, and William Shakespeare. I want to see it. I will be overwhelmed. 

Next is about shopping. You can buy anything in London. I am interested in Harrods, which is the most famous store in the world. Harrods was a small food shop that opened in 1849. Now 4000 people are working. Some people bother to buy a small bag because they want a bag with the name of Harrods. I like cooking and often go to supermarkets. I like to see a variety of foods, so going to Harrods would be very exciting.


Reading this book, there is no reason not to go to London. I want to go by boat along the River Thames.  Boats Westminster Pier, Waterloo Pier, and Embankment Pier, and I want to go to Tower Pier, Greenwich, and (between April and October) Hampton Court. Buckingham Palace Big Ben – these are only some of the things in London. It is a big, beautiful, noisy, and exciting city. More than Big red buses the London Eye eleven million visitors come every year from countries over the world. 

"So, when are you coming to London?"



コメント

  1. the famous building, royal
    the famous buildings, and the royal family

    Pictures of world-famous figures such as kings, queens, and William Shakespeare.
    This isn't a sentence. Try adding it to the end of the previous sentence with a comma.

    返信削除
  2. More than Big red buses the London Eye eleven million visitors
    ??

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

The Tickets

ONE-WAY TICKET SHORT STORIES by Jennifer Bassett