New Yorkers

This week I read “New Yorkers”. This book contains some short stories. Today I will tell you about two stories in this book.
About“The Christmas presents ”.Della and Jim had a tough life, but wanted to manage each other with the best Christmas gifts. Della bought a golden watch chain for Jim with the money she got from selling her beautiful long hair. Jim bought a beautiful comb for Della. However, by the time he handed the present, Della's hair was already short.  Della was a little confused, but was delighted to see the beautiful present.  They lived in love and were poor and happy. 

About“Soapy’s choice”. Soapy is poor, so he plan to enter the prison and live in a warm room (prison).  For that reason, he try to get caught by the police by eating and drinking without money, throwing stones in the glass of the shop and talking to the woman, but for some reason he can not get caught.  He find myself at a beautiful church when he is at a loss, and he look back on his good memories there, and he decide to become a new him and to live properly.  But he gets caught by a police officer who happens to be there.  It's an ironic story. I like this story B because he ’s funny about trying to get caught by the police.
I wrote down a quote and will discuss them.

 The quote is, “It doesn’t matter if your hair is short or long”. (From “The Christmas Presents) This line is from Jim to Della.  I think it's great to say like Jim.  Can you say that romantic words to a woman you love?

I want to recommend this book. There are two reasons. The first reason is that it is a short story, so you can read it immediately.  You can read interesting stories without getting bored. The second reason is that there are many heartwarming stories.  In addition to the stories I have introduced today, you can get acquainted with the lives and hearts of people living in New York.  This was very interesting.

コメント

  1. Hi, I read your blog and I have read this story in Japanese before.
    I felt little sad when I read this book for the first time.
    I like this beautiful story because they are thoughtful people for each other!!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

London by JOHN ESCOTT

The Tickets

ONE-WAY TICKET SHORT STORIES by Jennifer Bassett