BLACK BEAUTY

Book Review: 

BLACK BEAUTY, by Anna Swell (1877)

     This week I read BLACK BEAUTY. This book is a horse’s story. I like this story because it makes me understand the animal’s feelings. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them.
     The first one is, “Black beauty is never angry and afraid because nobody was unkind to him.” I like this sentence because it implies the beauty and wise of Black Beauty. That is why he was loved by many people. Just read this sentence makes me imagine that Black Beauty is so gentle and cool.
     The second one is, “He learns how hard a horse’s life can be, and how stupid and how cruel some people are” I felt his sorrow from this sentence. As first he lived happily with his mother and friend horses, but as the owner changes or get terrible, he thought that some people are bad. I understood the feelings of animals that I had never thought because it is a sentence written from the horse’s perspective.
     The third one is, “I shall never forget the first train that thundered by, and how I galloped to the far side of the field, trembling with fear at this terrible noise.” This is his first training scene written. When I read this sentence, I thought that he felt scary and humans are sometimes selfish. The animals are treated for human entertainment. 
I want to recommend this book. There are Two reasons. First, this book is easy to read. Without dictionary, I could understand about the story. Second, it was interesting that how people treat them determines whether animals are happy or not. This is also related to the current society, and some pets live hapily and others are abused such as being unable to feed. People who read this will think that animals must be valued. I give this book 7 stars out of 10.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

London by JOHN ESCOTT

The Tickets

ONE-WAY TICKET SHORT STORIES by Jennifer Bassett