Book series review.

Today I  will introduce the book series.
I recommend "Folk & Fairy Tale EASY READERS".
In this series, folktales and fairy tales are written.
Easy to read, understandable,  very interesting.

I will show you my favorite five books in this series.

1: "Stone Soup"
The soup cooked and cooked.
Finally, it was ready.
Everyone ate a big bowl.
"This is delicious!" they all said.
The soup made them so happy that they danced and sang all night long.
Stone soup!? When I saw this word for the first time.
I couldn't understand.
People in village thought too. But they were interested in it.
It came to mind that every one brought foods and finished soup.
It is very nice. I want to eat it someday.

2"The Elves and the Shoemaker"
The shoemaker and his wife were happy, but also very curious.
who was making all the fancy shoes?
One night, they decided to find out. Instead of going to bed, they hid behind a curtain.
When the clock struck midnight, in came two little elves.
Zippity, zip! They made 100 pairs of the fanciest shoes ever seen.
Then they danced a joyful jig and left. 
The shoemaker and his wife made new clothes and shoes for two elves to say thank you.
I think they are very kind and  I want the shoemaker and his wife  to be happy forever.

3"Goldilocks and the Three Bears
The bears went into the bedroom to lie down. " Someone has been sleeping in our beds!"
 said Papa Bear and Mama Bear.
"And someone is still in mine!" cried Baby Bear.
With that, Goldilocks opened up her eyes and screamed.
Then, quick as a wink, she ran out the door.
And the three bears never saw that rude girl again.
What a rude girl!!!
I can't believe that the girl did such a rude things.
I think the three bears was very surprised and puzzled when they saw the condition of their room.
I looked up the meaning of the word Goldilocks on the Internet.
It means blonde hair. In this book's picture, there are the girl who has blonde hair.
Anyways, the rude girl have to reflect on.

4"The Tortoise and the Hare"
"Ha, ha, ha! I can take a nap and still wake up in time to beat the tortoise," said the hare.So he did. Snore ,snore, snore.But as the hare napped, the tortoise walked.Slow, slow, slow. And guess what? By and by, the tortoise passed the hare!After a while, the hare woke up."Oh, no! The tortoise is winning!" he yelled.He jumped up and hopped along the path.But it was no use. The tortoise crossed the finish line first." The tortoise won! The tortoise won!"all the animals cheered."How did you ever beat the hare?" asked the horse.The tortoise grinned, "
This story is short and easy, but I think this story has a lesson.
I learned that slow but steady efforts are useful and meaningful from this.
When I was child, I read it and I thought too.

5"The Gingerbread Man"
After a while, the cookie came to a fox standing by a river.The fox was licking his lips."Don't even think about eating me up.I ran away from an old woman and a dog and a cow. And I will run away from you, too!"said the cookie.I don't like cookies," fibbed the clever fox."I just want to help you get across this river.Hop on my shoulder! I promise you will not get wet.""OK," said the cookie. So he did.CRUNCH! The fox munched the cookie in one bite."My, what a tasty treat!" he said.And that was the end of the poor Gingerbread Man.

Fox is characterized by its cleverness, and it often appears in Japanese stories.
I found that even in a foreign book come out with such a role.
In the climax, gingerbread man was eaten by the fox.
The gingerbread man did not pay enough attention to the fox.
It is poor thing...


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

London by JOHN ESCOTT

The Tickets

ONE-WAY TICKET SHORT STORIES by Jennifer Bassett